The student’s parents or legal guardians who will be responsible for the student’s behavior and tuition must enroll the student. All students are required to live with their parents or legal guardians. When circumstances necessitate otherwise, the Principal’s approval is required.
1. Contact the school office at 912-367-3004 to set up an entrance exam. Kindergarten students are not required to take an entrance exam.
2. There is a $10.00 entrance testing fee.
3. The following items are needed BEFORE admission is considered:
a. Transcript from student’s previous school
(including immunization record, EED form, birth certificate
b. A copy of student’s most recent report card and behavior record
c. Any available standardized test results
d. A copy of the student’s Social Security number
4. Upon notification of tentative acceptance, your child’s enrollment will be
secured only when the school office receives all of the following:
a. Completed enrollment card
b. Registration fee paid and other applicable fees based on time of enrollment
c. Admissions application (grades 7-12)
5. Final acceptance will be based on completion of all requirements in #’s 3 and 4.
6. To be a candidate for graduation, a senior must meet the minimum residency requirement of one year at Appling Christian Academy.
7. Health records MUST be on file by the FIRST day of school for students who enroll during the summer months. Documents required by the school’s accrediting agency and Georgia Law are as follows:
a. Current Georgia Immunization Record
b. Eye, Ear and Dental Exam Form (EED)
c. Birth Certificate with the Birth or State Number
8. A student who does not cooperate or agree with the purpose and program of the school will not be admitted or allowed to remain in school. Students are admitted conditionally with a six-week trial period. If acceptable progress or adjustment is not realized in that time period, the parents may be asked to find a school more suitable to meet their child’s needs.
9. Appling Christian Academy admits students of any race, color, national or ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, or other school-administered programs. State age requirements are enforced for students entering Pre-K – Grade 1 (September 1 policy).
10. Admission is denied to any student who has been suspended or expelled from another school until that student has written permission stating that he or she can be fully reinstated. Consideration for admission will, at that time, be taken under advisement of the administration and the Appling Christian Academy School Board.
11. Limited financial aid is available on a needs bases. The process is confidential. Click on the GOAL link below to start to learn more: www.goalscholarship.org